A BRIEF HISTORY OF BARSAN
It was established as a customs clearance company in Istanbul.
- First branch
- It opened its first self-owned office in Şişli.
It launched its first motor courier service in the same year.
- Customs clearance offices
TIt started founding customs clearance offices at the major locations in Turkey.
It was the first company that issued its customs declaration in computer environment.
- Integrated logistics
- It started infrastructure investments for integrated logistics.
- Tracking system
- It established the first truck fleet with satellite tracking and monitoring system in its industry.
- First investment abroad
It made its first investment abroad via its Nurnberg warehouse.
- First overseas office
It opened its first overseas office in New York.
- Railroad connection
- It achieved another first in the industry by building a railroad connection to its Çerkezköy Logistics Center.
- Transition to regional management
- It abandoned the Central Management System and adopted the Regional Management System. It established Regional Directorates at Istanbul (Europe / Asia) – Bursa – Izmir and Çerkezköy. This was the first step towards the ‘Local Management – Boutique Service’ system which is still in use at the company today.
- NVOCC License
It received NVOCC license at the world’s leading points.
- Warehouse investments
- The company completed its warehouse investments at the world’s major locations.
- Name change
- Inserting the word logistic to its official name, it changed its name as BGL- BARSAN GLOBAL LOJİSTİK. It was now in the service of its customers with a brand new corporate identity, as a company that can offer all logistical services at all global destinations.
- Transition to local management
- The company switched to local management system from regional management. Thanks to the 7-person groupings inside the company, it enabled its customers to track all their transactions (customs-clearing, air, road, sea transport, warehousing, invoicing) via a single contact from the nearest location.
- AEO certificate
Barsan Global Lojistik was the first company that completed all certifications and obligations required for receiving AEO-Authorized Economic Operator Certificate. After receiving this certificate at the same time as the other applicant companies, the company was entitled to offer privileged services at its own warehouses.
- Move to Teknokent
Ar-Ge & IT Barsan Yazılım Teknolojileri A.Ş moved to ITU Teknokent in August 2015.